Friday 19 November 2010

New Bike

Have just ordered my new bike. After 20 years of using nothing but mountain bikes, I've gone back to a road bike. A Specialized Secteur Sport 2011.

Now, when I did the 50 mile run a few months back I was very pleased with my 4 hrs 45 min time. But I want to do a few more 50 mile runs next year, including the pedal for Scotland run again. I would like to get my time below 4 hrs and using a mountain bike is not going to help. Hence the road bike.

So, as soon as this damn cold starts to shift, it's back to the gym. Maybe I'll even look seriously at my diet this time.

But fear not. Just in case you think I've gone all MAMIL (Middle Aged Men in Lycra), straight after buying the bike Mrs J and I went out to the shops and bought dresses and tops.

Was a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment