Friday 12 November 2010

The Kids Party

This cold is doing a fine job at making sure I can't sleep. But enough of that...

I've done something I promised myself I'd never, ever do as a DJ. I DJ'd a kids party!

This does somewhat spoil the image of super cool, alternative music DJ. But since no one thinks of me as a super cool, alternative music DJ I don't think much harm has been done.

Mrs J volunteered me for a fund raising night at our sons school. I've got to admit to being nervous. This was quite a step outside of my comfort zone.

Once it got going though I ended up quite enjoying myself. I just DJ'd - no suddenly turning into a children's entertainer. The kids seemed to enjoy themselves and they just had request after request. They didn't stop dancing, even when some of them were starting to fall asleep next to the dance floor.

In the end it was a good night.

Will I volunteer to do it again? No! No! No! Will Mrs J volunteer me to do it again? Without a doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment