Saturday 26 February 2011

Reiki revisited

I feel that I have been somewhat negative in my last few posts. I'm definitely more anxious and depressed than I have been for a very long time. I have a head ache that no pills will shift and stomach ache that's almost doubling me up. I think I'm letting things get to me way too much.

So the oil burner is fired up, chill-out/meditation/reiki music is on and I'm trying a bit of self healing. Not too easy when my young son keeps running in and out of the room. Can't wait till bed time and a bit of peace.

Whatever you might think, it does seem to be helping relax me and my stomach is beginning to ease up.

I first did reiki about two years ago when I was really at one of the lowest points due to depression. Anxiety attacks almost left me unable to get out the house some days. Serious thoughts of ending it all where never far.

A friend, whose a therapist convinced me to try reiki. I found it quite relaxing to start with but it was only after about 3 or 4 sessions that I actually realised what it was really about. In that session I finally let go and felt a flood of energy running through me.

A few more sessions helped me to relax and start to get a focus on life once more. One of the really surprising things was when I saw a woman's face looking at me. She looked familiar and I realised it was me. This helped me realise that one of my problems was that I was hiding a massive part of myself, from myself.

Shortly after that I attended a reiki 1 workshop and this helped me even more as I learned self healing through it.

Recently, I've let things build up again and forgotten about reiki and self healing. Things aren't anywhere near as bad as they were two years ago but I think it's time to revisit reiki and hopefully help get a grip on things again and stop feeling so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment