Sunday 17 October 2010

Doing too much

I've been working some long hours over the last few months and I'm only starting to realise how much I've been neglecting things while I've been working. Work life balance is more work life in the balance as I've clocked up 60 and 70 hour weeks.

I've deliberately taken this weekend off, or should I say, I've made a conscious effort not to look at work this weekend.

But I've got used to working the hours and getting paid for it, for once.

During counselling I realised that I had spread myself too thinly (I know, me, thin LOL). Basically, I promised too much to too many people. The end result was no one got anything and I just ended up with anxiety attacks and stressed out. During that time I cut back a lot and started to live again and was able to be productive again.

Now, I don't know how but I have found myself in the position of having promised too much again.

No comments:

Post a Comment